Friday, November 07, 2008

Back in Kansas City...




Our plane left at 7:00am on Sunday morning to fly back to Kansas City, so that meant..... We had to get up at 2:30am (and we didn't go to bed until 11:00pm the night before), take showers and finish packing everything, get the kids dressed, load the car, check out of the resort, return the rental car, check our bags, get through security and we had our gate changed so we had drag the kids clear across the airport to get to our other gate. We had to get to the airport really early, because the day before, I had tried to check- in for our flight online to make sure that we got 'A' seats, but Southwest Airlines wouldn't let me check in online, so I had to call them and boy were they mean! They ended up telling me that it was because of the TSA (Transportation & Safety Administration) and they had block on me. I was in tears at our resort's front desk, because basically they were telling me that I might not be able to board the plane with my family! So, they gave me the TSA phone number and when I called them they said there must be a flag in the system for my name, so if I write them a letter- in 90 days, they will clear my name! What the heck? 90 days....I fly out tomorrow! Anyway, a long story short, I was able to board the plane and it was because I had a lap - child (Alden) that I was not able to check in on line for. Southwest has ALOT of stupid people working for them! Our flight was great, and the flight attendant actually helped us get the car seats back to the middle of the plane, so it was a lot less stressful than the previous flight. Alden & Sam slept the whole way there, with Alden throwing up a bunch in mid-flight. We landed in Kansas City and we waited for shuttle to pick us up and take us back to the hotel where we left our van at. Then, it was back to Nebraska! We had an awesome vacation!

No comments:

3 years old - Nov 2008

3 years old - Nov 2008